At Bentleigh Child Care and Kindergarten, we recognise the benefits of creating a holistic experience for our children in a stimulating environment where they feel nurtured, guided & protected by passionate and experienced educators. We also aim to provide a safe and trusting environment where families feel welcomed, respected and valued.
- We believe play should be fun, stimulating, messy, inquisitive, engaging and creative.
- We value and support children in their choice and encourage child lead experiences.
- We recognise and listen to the children’s voice within our program to achieve and support a sense of belonging and an inclusive environment.
- We believe in the importance of building relationships with the community for the children, therefore we strive to utilise local services in an effective and meaningful way.
- We believe in creating an atmosphere that is inclusive of all families regardless of ability, cultural background, gender or socio-economic status.
- We support and welcome parents’ interests and involvement in the community of our centre.
- We value the voice of the family and invite parent input and involvement within our centre.
- We are committed to form ongoing trusting relationships and recognise families as collaborative partners with our educators.
- We believe that each individual child is unique and should feel safe, supported and valued by our educators.
- We aim to provide a stimulating curriculum where children can learn and contribute in a program that assists in the development of children’s physical, social, emotional, cognitive and creative growth.
- We strive to create a space that gives children a sense of belonging and provides them with opportunities for new learning discoveries.
- We believe in teaching children to respect and care for their surrounding environments by implementing sustainable practises within our centre.
- As educators we attend professional development courses each year to further develop and strengthen our existing knowledge and experience as early childhood educators.